Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:44:45 -0500

RE: Is waiting for this to pass the only thing to do?
1) yes

2) get tonic water

3) You could try charcoal capsules as charcoal is highly absorptive
and can
soak up bacteria and other stuff (possibly gluten) and carry it out
of the
bowel.  When we have vomiting or diarrhea that we can't control this is
usually what we try first.  The health food store sells sterilized
charcoal
in capsules for this use.

4) If you think food poisoning is an issue, you could try huge doses
of a good
probiotic to overwhelm bad bugs.

5) You could try peptobismol which some people use if they think they
got
gluten.

6) as much water as possible to flush it from his entire body

7) There's a great list of what will help if one has gluten accident
(it was no accident though) at the celiac delphi forum:  http://
forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
Once there, go to the post in our Celiac & Forum FAQs folder:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?
webtag=celiac&msg=17234.1

8) 2 hard boiled eggs & give a boost (nutritional drink) the next
morning

9) homeopathic remedies--herbs like slippery elm or marshmallow would
be helpful.

10) go to a health food store and get him the homeopathic remedy
veratrum alb 30c for $5..2 pills under the tongue will stop it
cold.   it is THE remedy for celiacs..stops all the symptoms.  Take 2
after each explosive bowel movement, maseau etc   My MD was the one
who told us about this and I have been using it for 10 years!

11) start building up his gut...start giving him with each meal..very
impt that...one probiotics complex, a very potent form of
acidophilus.  a gf diet alone can take 4 or 5 years to heal the gut
but this does it in a matter or months.   he will notics a big
difference within a few days

12) try aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar in water 3 times a
day to soothe the damage.

  13) try eating some bananas or take some papaya tablets

  14) do not let the diarrhea go on for more than a week, and make
sure he drinks a lot of gatorade and water
to prevent dehydration, and keep his electrolyte balance up.
   At this point you could try giving him Immodium to see if the
diarrhea will stop.
If it goes on longer I would call a doctor.

15) 2 medicine standbys are Imodium AD & Emitrol

16) perhaps the BRAT diet would help (bananas, rice , apples, gf toast).
Also, clear liquids including broth and jello.
In the long term, he may be helped by glutamine powder.

17) I've had very good results with bentonite clay ... I use Pascalite,
about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. It usually only takes one dose.  Works
for food poisoning too.

If you take the Pascalite WITH the contaminated meal,
it often prevents any reaction at all. Bentonite is used
to "clarify" beer and wine, because it gloms onto rogue
bits of peptide ... I don't know if that's why it works in
the gut or not, but it's a useful fix.

Pepto Bismol helps a lot too, and it's easy to find!
Oregano tea might work also.

18) prescription Levsin helpful in reducing cramping

*******
*******