From:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:46:47 -0500

 I have made what I call egg crepes and filled them with Asian-style stir fried veggies. Here is a recipe for regular GF crepes. Everyone loves them.

Blueberry Crêpes Ingredients Crêpes:*Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
½ cup GF flour blend*
½ cup non-dairy milk
¼ cup warm water
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt 2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted coconut oil Additional vegetable oil for cooking
1 cup potato starch flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup rice flour
¼ cup sweet rice flour

Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour batter into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to three hours.

Using a paper towel, wipe the inside of a non-stick 8-inch skillet or crepe pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. Place pan over medium heat. Stir the batter and pour 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. The batter should form a very thin layer. Cook just until the top is set and the edges are slightly browned. Turn the crepe over and cook the other side until it is lightly browned. Continue cooking the rest of the crêpes stirring the batter before each crepe.

Place finished crêpes between sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Crêpes may be served immediately or refrigerated for later use. Reheat in a microwave oven for 1 minute, turning plate after 30 seconds, or in a preheated 325-degree oven for 10 minutes.

For dessert fill crepes with fresh seasonal fruit and or sorbet.
May also fill with savory fillings
Recipe from my cookbook: Special Eats Gluten-Free & Dairy Free Cooking. See www.specialeats.com for more info.
--------------------

 I make them with 2/3 Bette Hagman's feather light blend, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk and 1/4 tsp salt mixed in a blender and allowed to stand for 30 minutes. Put 2 tsp batter in a hot oil crepe pan and cook till firm..flip ( just a few secs.) .Stack between waxed paper. Make A ricotta cheese filing and spread this down the center of each crepe, folding to form manicotti. Cover with sauce and some shredded mozzarella and bake 350 about 30 mins. Good Italian pasta shops use crepes to make manicotti but they use wheat flour.
---------------------

Made crepes, or rather, blintzes. Same thing. I filled them with cottage cheese and lightly fry in butter. I make the blintzes using Bette Hagman's gluten-free flour...I think I used the feather-light mixture, not the original ones that are heavy on rice flour. Haven't done it in quite a while, but I recall it being very successful....and tedious.

I have made crepes using basic crepe recipe and substituting reg flour w/GF Pantry's county french bread and pizza dough mix a straight 1 to 1 ratio and it worked!

I make crepes a lot. I use the pancake mix from 'Cause You're Special andfollow the directions on the package for crepes. I use coconut oil andalmond milk instead of butter and milk.

 I have made crepes very often, but with gf flour.  They are delicious, my husband can't tell the difference.
I make huge batches and freeze them with waxed papers in between.
Mireille, co-host of: http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

Also several listmates suggested using Buckwheat Flour.