From:
Deborah Coughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Coughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:31:49 -0800

Hi all,
I am interested in what kind of response any of you have gotten from
Starbucks. My daughter and I (two different calls) got most unhelpful
clarify (like asking about the soy milk) was rebuffed with "everything
is gluten free". I tried later and got a different person who said
everything except the brownie frappacino is gluten free but that
frappacinos are made in the same blender. A much more helpful response
but when I tried to ask more detail to see if they understood what I
meant by "gluten-free": soy milk, brown rice syrup, I was cut off.

So two questions really, has anyone reacted to a Starbucks drink and do
people feel that the Starbucks customer service response is based on an
understanding of what gluten-free means. My daughter does not have a
gastric reaction to gluten and I do not react to small quantities so we
don't know when we are getting contamination.

Thanks,
-deb