From:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LIZ DECLEENE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:59:10 -0700

www.therubyrange.com<http://www.therubyrange.com/>

Growing up and raising a family Cranberry Steamed Pudding was always Christmas dinner dessert.    We now make it with Ruby range Baking Mix with mesquite and teff.  No one notices that it is no longer made with wheat. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have for over 60 years. Have a great holiday season!

Cranberry Steamed Pudding

1 egg

¼ cup molasses

¼ cup honey

1 ½ cups Ruby Range Baking Mix

2 cups cranberries cut in half and mixed with ½ of the above flour.

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/3 cup boiling water with 1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix egg, molasses, and honey.

Mix in all Ruby Range Baking Mix with baking powder

Add boiling water with soda.

Put in greased and floured 3 ½ cup mold.

Cover with double layer of aluminum foil and tie with a string or cover with the lid to the mold.

Put mold in a large kettle with 2" of boiling water on top of the stove and cover the pot.

Gently cook - be sure it is hot enough to steam, but not bubbling.

Steam 21/2 hours.   Serves 6 - 8

To reheat pudding, steam 15 minutes.

Hard Sauce

1 cup butter

½ cup cream

½ cup honey or 1 cup sugar

1 Tablespoon Rice Flour

1 teaspoon each almond extract and vanilla extract

Melt butter, mix in flour, honey, cream and vanilla.  Cook on low for a few minutes, until it thickens a little.  Can be made ahead and reheated.