From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:29:47 -0800

2 1/2 years ago I worked for a holistic MD in Federal Way, WA, Dr. Dorman, a
very fine physician.  I respected his medicine, but we had our differences
of opinion regarding gluten sensitivity.  He was aware of celiac disease and
did traditional blood tests for it, but he didn't see gluten sensitivity as
being the wide spread a problem I did.  He often discouraged me from
counseling patients to suspect gluten sensitivity for their various health
problems.  Anyway, I introduced Dr. Dorman to EnteroLabs and soon after left
his employ.

Just last week I had a casual visit with Dr. Dorman.  He thanked me for
putting him in contact with EnteroLab.  He said he didn't know before what a
wide spread problem gluten sensitivity really was before he started testing
his patients through EnteroLab.  Dr. Dorman reported to me that of 100 of
his chronically ill patients he had tested through EnteroLabs 70 of them
tested positive for gluten sensitivity.  He said every one of these patients
that has gone "wheat free" has experienced a significant improvement in
their health.  (He didn't say "gluten free", just "wheat free.")

I wanted to say, "I told you so," but I bit my tongue!  ha ha!  [And, BTW,
he offered me my old job back!]

Anyway, Dr. Dorman now believes that Dr. Fine is correct in his belief that
30% of the general population has some degree of gluten sensitivity,
especially after seeing that 70% of his chronically ill patients are
sensitive to gluten.

Score 2 points for Dr. Fine & EnteroLabs!  And score 2 points for Dr. Dorman
for his ability to think outside the box!  I wish more physicians were like
that.

Valerie in Tacoma