From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:55:33 EDT

Good Morning to All,

At the suggestion of my doctor, I am visiting an Allergist this week.  We
want to make sure to uncover any allergies I may have that are unknown at
this time.  Some of them may be prevently me from staying healthy being GF
alone.  Makes sense to me since I am sure I have several contact allergies,
such as nickel and wool.  My doctor is more concerned with corn, casein, some
fruit, etc.

My question to all of you is this:  Are there any commonly known allergens
which seem to affect celiacs, which I should ask to be tested for.  My doctor
is very open to my being tested for anything that the list feels is
important.  He opening admits that doctors are not as familiar as people
living with the problem on a daily basis.  I would very much appreciate if
some of you could share with me what some common denominators are in terms of
allergens.

I hope you are all well and thriving.  Here in the East the weather has
turned sharply colder and it is very invigorating.  I am looking forward to
meeting some of my Long Island co-celiacs at the Winthrop meeting on October
11.

Stay well and happy,

Libby
NYC