From:
Cheryl Bice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:03:04 -0800

I had an overwhelming response to my question.  The majority eat both
with no symptoms.  Several referred to the fact that the cream cheese is
not on Kraft's gluten free list and that Pops could have
cross-contamination. So I guess make your own conclusion.  Thanks to
everyone. See below a small sample:

They are not gluten free.  Corn Pops once were listed as gf but
Kellogg's has since stated that cross-contamination is an issue.  Kraft
Philadelphia cream cheese has never been listed as a safe product for
us.  Sandra (Memphis)

Hi Cheryl,
I have been eating Corn Pops with no ill effects, and much enjoyment. do
you have a copy of the commercial products listing? You can get an order
form for one from this website:    http://www.csaceliacs.org/order.html
Good luck,
Thea

Cheryl, I eat corn pops almost every day without problems.  The last
time I spoke with Kellogg's was in October and they still say corn pops
are ok.  They will talk to you if you call the toll free number on the
box, and have lists they can send you.  Karen

We use Corn Pops and have no problems.  The only possible gluten I've
heard of on them, is on the lines.  (Other cereals on the same line.
I'm quite sure they get cleaned in between products, but there could be
residue) We don't use Philadelphia Cream Cheese, because Kraft will not
say that it's gluten-free.  I heard at a Celiac party recently that one
of the ingredients, (I think the emulsifier) could possibly have gluten.
They rotate their providers on this product so they can't keep track of
when it's gluten-free and when it's not.  I use a brand called Cabot.  I
called them, because they have a 5 lb block at Costco and that's too
big.  They told me that they sell their cream cheese in most grocery
stores across the US, but under that stores private label.  They said to
look for a stamp on the side that will have a 555 or 600.  (I'm going to
have to check on that.  I think it's 600.  The one's in my store usually
have the 555 so I've forgotten what the 6 number was, but I have it
written down) Anyway, that's what I use.

Good luck, Sidona

I eat Corn Pops every day with absolutely no problem and my system is
terribly sensitive.  Enjoy!  b.

I eat corn pops with no problem, the company says there might be
cross-contamination on the lines they make them on.

We use both...no obvious problems.  Lynn

I use Corn Pops regularly and have no discernible reaction.
Would not hesitate on the cream cheese  either.
Best Wishes,  ADowst in Westchester Cty., NY

I don't know about corn pops, but I have some info about Kraft cream
cheese.  I contacted Kraft asking the same question.  They did mail me a
list of their GF products and cream cheese is unfortunately not among
them.

I'm not official, but I believe Kraft Phila.  cream cheese is fine.  I
think I've seen it on gf lists.  It's the only brand I use.

I also use Corn Pops, but I'm positive Kelloggs no longer guarantees
that any of its products are gf, because of the risk of contamination on
the machinery.  I might add...now that I think of it, that I've been
trying to figure out why I had a celiac attack this week-end ....and,
son-of-a-gun, I ate Corn Pops for breakfast, a change from my puffed
rice.  Could have been the Corn Pops.

Linda