Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:29:02 -0800

Hello Everyone:

Well, it looks like gluten-free is IN!

At the American Dietetics Association (ADA) conference in Philadelphia, PA,
this past week one could hear the words "gluten-free" ringing throughout the
convention hall. From my perspective as an exhibitor, there was high
demand for our knowledge as well as our gluten-free products.

Several of your favorite vendors displayed their gluten-free products in
the exhibit hall. For example, Pamela's, Mrs. Leeper's, Edward & Sons, Bob's
Red Mill, Rice Innovations (Pastariso), Nu-World Amaranth, Ener-G Foods,
Gluten-Free Pantry, Glutino, Enjoy Life (the new kids on the block), and
of course, my booth featuring my cookbooks from Savory Palate Press.

Many of the gluten-free companies located our booths in the same aisle
so the 8500 dietitians could find us easier and our presence would have a
greater impact during the 3-day event. Although we've had a very
favorable response at previous ADA shows, we were amazed at the very high
level of
interest in gluten-free information this time. Dietitians are clearly
determined to meet the needs of their patients with information on the
gluten-free diet.

The demand for our information was so intense that many of us ran out of
literature and food samples before the show was over! At times, the
aisle was packed with dietitians who, with outstretched arms, were all
reaching at the same time for our handouts and food samples! We felt loved
and
appreciated!

The one handout that we all had in ample supply was a handy bookmark
listing 50 gluten-free vendors on one side. The other side promoted the
presentation "Endocrine Disorders Associated with Gluten Intolerance" by
Cynthia
Kupper,RD,(CEO of Gluten Intolerance Group of North America) and Edward
Hoffenberg, MD (Children's Hospital, Denver, CO (at which there was
standing room only!) Kudo's to Cynthia & Dr. Ed.

We all should be very happy about this high level of interest in the
gluten-free diet. It means that celiac patients are more likely to get
the information they need from dietitians on adopting a safe, healthy,
gluten-free lifestyle.

Thanks and appreciation to everyone who made this such a successful event!

Culinary regards,
Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
Savory Palate, Inc.
8174 South Holly, #404
Centennial, CO 80122-4004
(303)741-5408   http://www.savorypalate.com
Cookbooks for food allergies, celiac, autism