Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:42:39 -0700

Hello Everyone:
One of the pleasant reminders that summmer's over and school has begun is
the fact that the school bus stops right in front of my office! What fun it
is to watch the kids each day!

Back to school time means parental concern about what their kids are (or
aren't) eating at school. And the kid's concern that their special diets set
them apart from their peers.

Our book, the award-winning Food Allergy Field Guide ($19.95), helps parents
navigate the often difficult path of making sure their food-sensitive kids
are eating well, while balancing their kids' need to be part of the crowd.

Author Terri Willingham, mother of a celiac child, has compiled a sensitive,
thoughtful, and at times humorous lifestyle manual to help parents help
their kids "eat differently without seeming different". She offers helpful
tips, PLUS 100 kid-tested recipes.

To try some of these kid-friendly recipes, go to my web site, click on
Recipes, then on Snacks for some fun and safe treats for kids of any age.
While you're there, buy your own copy or obtain it from many of the
wonderful vendors on this list.

SEE YOU AT THE STANFORD CELIAC CONFERENCE
Stop by my booth on September 28 and say hi. The Stanford Medical Bookstore
will be selling my books at the conference that day. Bring your book to my
booth and I'll autograph it. Or, I have signed bookplates that you can paste
in the front of your book if you've left it at home. Kelly Rohlfs and her
team have assembled a very educational day so please join us.

LOOK FOR MY ARTICLES IN GLUTENFREEDA.COM, SCOTT-FREE, AND LIVING WITHOUT
I'm delighted to be featured in several gluten-free publications this month,
including Yvonne Gifford's GlutenFreeda.com, Scott Adams new newsletter
"Scott-Free", and the always wonderful lifestyle magazine, Peggy Wagener's
Living Without.

In Yvonne and Scott's publications, I'm featuring some of my best recipes so
check them out. In Living Without, I explore the oft-neglected, but very
important topic of the pans we use to bake in. We often spend lots of time
on the ingredients, while giving little thought to the pans we use.
Hopefully, you'll find the article enlightening.

MY BOOKS AVAILABLE IN CANADA
For our Canadian friends, just a reminder that my books are now available
through Allergy Essentials and also Liv-n-Well. Plus, they've been available
at www.glutino.com for some time.

Well, have a great Labor Day and hope your new school year is off to a good
start.

Culinary regards,
Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
Savory Palate, Inc.
8174 South Holly, #404
Centennial, CO 80122-4004
(303)741-5408   www.savorypalate.com
Cookbooks for food allergies, celiac, autism