From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:01:32 -0700

Hello Listmates!  I'm doing somewhat of an informal survey of "Gluten Free Favorites."  I'm collecting survey information over the next week and will post my results.  I'm hoping to use this information to publish an informal guide (i.e. "suggestions") for GF Favorites.  (this list may by published)  You do not have to answer every category... only the ones you can provide answers for.  Your name will not be included with the summary results.

Please respond with your answers and send them directly to my email at [log in to unmask]  Lastly, and most importantly, please put "GF SURVEY" in the subject header and that will enable me to group responses efficiently for summarization.  Survey answers that are posted directly to the message board will not be included in the summary.

Your answers can be local establishments or places that are chains, etc.  Let's try to keep the list to favorites that CAN do gluten-free... not places that are unable to with GF diets.

I look forward to hearing from your replies.    ~Melonie Katz

My Gluten-Free Favorites

   Top Place for (GF) Barbecue
   Top Place for (GF) Ribs
   Top Place for (GF) Steaks
   Top Place to Dine (GF) & Dance
   Top Place for (GF) Home Cooking
   Top Place for (GF) Wild Game
   Top Place for (GF) Fried Chicken
   Top Place for Getting (GF) Food After Hours
   Top Place for (GF) Breakfast Cafe
   Top Place for (GF) Romantic Dinner
   Top Place for (GF) Dinner
   Top Place for (GF) Family Style Dining
   Top Place for (GF) Dining with Toddlers
   Top Place for Watching Sports (Sports Bar sort of place) & (GF) Snacks
   Top Place for Eclectic (GF) Dinner/Meal
   Top Place for Entertaining a Client for (GF) Dinner
   Top Place for a (GF) Tourist Spot
   Top Place for Impressing a Date (GF)
   Top Place for (GF) Hamburger
   Top Place for (GF) Dessert
   Top Place for (GF) Wine Selection
   Top Place for (GF) Beer
   Top Place for (GF) Food to Go
   Top Place for (GF) Business Lunch
   Top Place for (GF) Trendy Dining
   Top Place for (GF) Sunday Brunch
   Top Place to be Seen (and able to dine GF)
   Top Place to go After Hours (and able to eat/drink GF)
   Top Place to go on a Budget (GF)
   Top Place for (GF) Lobster
   Top Place for (GF) Coffee Shop
   Top Place for (GF) Weekend Get-A-Way
   Top Place for a (GF) Good Lunch
   Top Place for (GF) Pool/Billiards & Food
   Top Place to Take Your In-Laws (GF)
   Top Place if you have (GF) Teens with you
   Top Place if you listen to Big Band Music (GF)
   Top Place for (GF) Margaritas
   Top Place for (GF) Chinese Food
   Top Place for Deli Style (GF Sandwich)
   Top Place for (GF) French Food
   Top Place for (GF) German Food
   Top Place for (GF) Indian Food
   Top Place for (GF) Italian Food
   Top Place for (GF) Mediterranean Food
   Top Place for (GF) Mexican Food
   Top Place for (GF) Seafood
   Top Place for (GF) Pizza
   Top Place for (GF) Southwestern Food
   Top Place for (GF) Sushi
   Top Place for (GF) Thai
   Top Place for (GF) Vegetarian
   Top Place for (GF) College Kids
   Top Place for Smoking a Cigar (GF)
   Top Place for a (GF) Wedding
   Top Place for a (GF) Resort
   Top Place for (GF) Waterfront Dining
   Top Place for going on a Cruise (GF)
   Best GF Friendly City
   Favorite (GF) Restaurant, Exact Location & Phone Number with area code
   Top College to attend (and eat GF)
   Top Theme park to attend (and eat GF)
   Top Airline to fly (and eat GF)
   Favorite (GF) website
   Favorite (GF) Cookbook
   Favorite Public School System that can provide a (GF) Meal (please include city & state)
   Your #1, favorite, all-time (GF) online food supplier that you just "can't do without"
   Favorite (GF) Treat for spoiling yourself
   Favorite (GF) Mainstream Commercial Food
   Favorite (GF)  Bread
   Favorite (GF) Pasta
   Favorite (GF) Cookies
   Favorite (GF) Crackers
   Favorite (GF) Candy
   Favorite (GF) Words of Wisdom

THANKS AGAIN!

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson