From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:06:00 -0700

I'm thrilled to announce that
R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids)
Northern Virginia/Metro DC Chapter
is planning it's 2nd meeting!!!

We had an awesome "debut" meeting in June with lots of gluten-free snacks for the kids (thanks to Ener-G Foods, CarbRiteDiet Energy Bars, NuWorld Foods, EnjoyLifeFoods, and Poores Brothers), shared lots of info & support.  We also provided a yummy gluten-free goodie basket door prize, and a really awesome Celiac Disease Awareness Bracelet with beautiful Swarovski crystals as a Door prize (thanks to Angie at www.AngelicGrooves.com)  So, if you wish that you had not missed the first event, you can still join us for the next one!!!

IT WILL BE A "BACK TO SCHOOL" THEME MEETING:

   Kids will make their own Gluten-Free "Lunchables"

    Gluten-Free Spelling Bee (pending ages & number of particpants)

   We'll snack on GF Breadstick Dipsters & GF Dips   (courtesy of Sylvan Border Farms & 'Cause You're Special)

   We'll share a few Sample letters to Schools/Teachers regarding kids with Celiac Disease

~We're also interested to hear if any of our members Home School

~A few members suggested having a Parent's Night (without the kids) to discuss some things.  We'll talk about planning that event too.
LOCATION:  Potomac Branch Library, 2201 Optiz Road,
Woodbridge, VA  22191
(that's in Prince William County & is near Potomac Mills Shopping Area if you'd like to plan a visit there too)
DATE:  Saturday, August 7th, 2004
TIME:  12:30-2:30pm

 Please contact Melonie Katz at [log in to unmask] or call the ROCKline at (703) 445-8306 if you are interested in receiving information on the upcoming meetings, etc.  I'm happy to add you to our email list that you will receive direct emails regarding upcoming events.

Our group is open to Celiac Kids and their parents & relatives.  Our meetings will typically be held in Northern Virginia, but membership is open to families who may live in the Metro Washington D.C. and Maryland areas too.  Children who follow a gluten-free diet due to other gluten issues on the gluten-sensitivity spectrum are also welcome to attend.

If you'd like more information, please contact:
R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) Support Group
Melonie Katz - Northern Virginia Chapter
the ROCKline (703) 445-8306
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Join the online ROCK NoVa/DC website by visiting:  www.groups.yahoo.com/group/ROCKNorthernVirginia.  Just click on the "Join This Group" button.

Email Melonie if you'd like a copy of the flier for this event or if you'd like copies of the flier to distribute to your local doctor, grocery store, library, etc.  I appreciate those of you who helped post info for the first meeting.  You ROCK!

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson