From:
Roy Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 09:24:09 +1000

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 22:36:07 -0400, Louis Ferrante wrote:
>Does anyone have access to a good pizza dough recipe? Help!

Louis,
I have come up with a simple pizza dough recipe that's good enough to fool
my kids into thinking thats its the "real" thing! I prepare a GF bread mix
from ready made commercial brand as per pack instructions (I use a
yeast based Country Harvest (May be an Aussie Brand) GF mix (500g) but
also works for non yeast mixes such as Basco). When the mix is ready I make
half into a loaf or bread rolls and use the other half to make 2 medium
size pizza bases. To do this I oil the pizza trays and dust with GF baking
mix. Take half the pizza dough in well floured hands and roll in GF baking
flour until managable (not sticky). Then press out into tray using more
flour when it gets sticky (its easy after a little practice). When pressed
out to even thickness let them rise in warm place for 30 min and back at
same temp with the bread (220C) for 10 min. Take them out and let them cool
for a few minutes then make pizza as usual. Bake for further 15 -20 min at
220C. This is our usual Sunday night treat in front of a good TV movie!
Good Luck!
Roy
Dr Roy Hall
Microbiology, UQ