From:
Barbara Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:48:47 -0800

My original question was:

 'I was wondering if others had the same experience as I did?  When I
was a child I remember having rashy, itchy skin on the soft part of the
elbows and possibly knees(it would probably be called ezcema these
days).  I am now 49 yo and self diagnosed cd ~3.5 years ago.  I had a
multitude of med problems that may have been attributed to malabsorption
and secondarily a compromised immune system.'

It was very interesting to read all the response.  Thanks so much all of
you.  For some it was an element of surprise to be dredging up those
memories about childhood illnesses that may have been associated with
cd.  Some of the responses included other members of their family and
also mentioned other childhood illnesses so the numbers don't add up.
Some people had rashes on the elbows and knees and/or on other parts of
the body too.

Total responses: 27
   Rashes:

        Soft parts of elbows/knees - 19
        Various other parts of body (as rashes or ezcema)- 9
        Still have ezcema(even with gf diet) - 3
   Other:

        Digestive distress(includes chronic vomiting)-4
        Psoriasis - 1
        Chronic urinary tract infections - 1
        Chronic staph infections - 1
        Anxiousness - 1
        Developmental problems - 1
        Cystitis - 1
        Asthma - 1

Not an exhaustive piece by any means but interesting.

Barb

email address:   "Barb Gardner" <[log in to unmask]>