Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:42:05 -0500

part 2

------
You could print some stuff out from celiac.com.  Some people sent me info
from
that page and it lists symptoms.  The Celiac Sprue Association has
brochures,
but I don't know if you have to send for them.
----
Contact Friends of Celiac Disease Research Inc.  www.friendsofceliac.com
You can find a copy of the brochure's text under 'what is celiac?'

All to often the information we give our family members only relates to
celiac as we know it in our individual case.  This brochure touches on the
vast varies of symptoms/disorders that it can cause.

There is no charge for the brochures and they put a professional touch on
the
information.  So far Friends has distributed over 12,000 of them.
---
you could try contacting Friends of Celiac Research in Milwaukee WI
at [log in to unmask]
-----
the best I have seen is a booklet written by
a remarkable woman in Texas.  Her web page is
http:\\www.whatnowheat.com which is also the title of
the booklet.  She charges $8 plus shipping but it is
worth it for special people and will stand many
readings.  It is done in cartoon form, drawn from her
own painful experience and each cartoon is cross
referenced for the reader who wants more serious
reading.
---
I also have recalcitrant relatives, but all I've been able to do is
email/send copies of articles which happen to mention the risk for
relatives.  If you come across anything specifically targeted for the need
to test immediate relatives, please consider posting to the list for
everyone.  Thanks.
----
GIG® has what we call tearoffs that tell about CD, DH and Associated
Autoimmune Diseases. They were originally designed for doctors to have in
their offices. There is no charge for them. If you think you might be
interested, contact Gluten Intolerance Group® (GIG®) in Seattle, WA
requesting several copies of the tearoffs. The GIG® brochure also describes
the tests that need to be done, so you might want a few of those also.

Gluten Intolerance Group®
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820

Telephone: 206-246-6652
Fax: 206-246-6531
Website: www.gluten.net
Email: [log in to unmask]

Executive Director: Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD (Registered Dietitian, Diabetes
Educator). Cynthia has Celiac Disease and is very willing to work with
anyone that calls. She is highly recognized and respected as a national
speaker and lecturer on Gluten Intolerance, Celiac Disease, and Dermatitis
Herpetiformis.
------
If you find one, please post results. I am betting 90% of us could use
these. The ideal broscure might also describe what happens if we "just have
a little."
--We have a pamphlet, "Are You Gluten Sensitive?" It doesn't lean on the
issue of relative testing, but simply mentions it in passing. I can send a
copy and if it meets your needs, you can go ahead and xerox itfor
educational purposes. We are running out of copies, so I'm letting people
xerox until we reprint.
{from Ann at Gluten Free Living at [log in to unmask]