From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 15:45:03 -0500

Kathy, are you SURE lactose is the problem?  If it is, then hopefully this
info will help.

LactOSE is a milk sugar.  If you don't have enough lactASE enzyme in your
body, the sugar cannot be broken down.  I have a lactose intolerance, and I
simply take the lactase enzyme when I eat dairy products.  You can buy
Lactaid chewables (I need about 3 tabs for a cheese sandwich) at your
pharmacy, and Lactaid 100 milk at the supermarket, which is delicious.

If your problem is CASEIN, milk protein, which is apparently similar in
structure to gluten, this approach will not work.  My husband and son have a
casein and gluten intolerance, which is why I'm on this list.

Please let me know if this is helpful.  It is not medical advice, just info.

Karyn