From:
Barbara Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:54:06 EST

Thanks for all the responses.  It is wonderful to know that my daughter is
not alone in having to sell, but not being able to eat Girl Scout Cookies.  I
received a few recipes and am waiting on a thin mint recipe, but I will
summarize these now & post the other when I get it.

A few people suggested other cookies - Glutano, Midel, Pamela's, etc.  One
recommended Glutano apricot biscuits as rivaling the G.S. shortbread cookies.
 As others suggested, this could be spread with p'butter & dipped in
chocolate, as could any of the store bought cookies.

Some one else suggested Gluten Free Pantry Cookbook recipe for Chocolate chip
cookies as well as their chocolate truffle brownie mix (which I can vouch for
- my daughter has a hard time keeping her sibs from eating them).

Another suggested Health Valley Rice Bran Crackers, spread with p'butter &
dipped in chocolate.

This recipe came from a couple people & would be good with chocolate drizzled
on it, m&m's in it, or a hershey kiss poked into it as soon as it comes out
of the oven.  Sounds yummy & easy!

1 teaspoon GF vanilla
1 cup CREAMY peanut butter (chunky is not recommended)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
M&M's - optional

~preheat oven to 325
~mix [spoon mix] first 4 ingredients in a bowl
~gently add M & M's if desired
~drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet
~press fork on top of each cookie to make crisscross
~Bake about 10 (+?) minutes or until golden brown
~makes about 2 dozen cookies & can easily be doubled

This recipe came from a support group cookbook & sounds great - I will try it
with p'butter & dip it in chocolate:

Original Girl Scout Cookies

1 cup butter or GF margarine (I can't believe it's butter)
1cup white sugar
1 tbl. milk or orange juice
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (GF - I make my own)
2 3/4 white rice flour (more if dough is sticky)
2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder (GF - Calumet)

Cream sugar and butter.  Add Liquid, eggs, and vanilla.  Mix flour, xanthan,
and baking flour together and gradually add to the first mixture.  (This is
the tricky part)  Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.  Bake at
350 degrees for 10 minutes, or longer if you like them brown but watch so
they don't burn.  Makes about 30 cookies.

I got one more recipe for choc. wafer cookies, but could not fit it in, if
anyone is interested, email me & I will send it.

Thank you all again for your support and help.