From:
Jutta Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:16:06 -0800

Hello All,

coming back from a bad business trip - bad in sense of GF, I find some
really good messages on the list. One very knowledgeable person stated
that MSG contains almost always Gluten.  In my Tri-County Celiac Sprue
Food list (the yellow one) it says that Doritos : Cool Ranch and Salsa
Verde are Gluten Free, but it states clearly on the bag that it contains
MSG.  I don't want to go into any political issues, but who is
right?????  I am new to this and still fiddling around trying to find
the right foods.  Who is going to help a beginner?

By the way:  I was in Florida, 2 meetings.  One in DisneyWorld, where I
stayed at the Contemporary Resort and the Gluten Free service was
outstanding. Including the Restaurants in Abcot. No problemo, very
knowledgeable, very receptive.   Going on to the Westin Innisbrook
Resort (5 stars) in Tampa, I got actually served warm puff pastry filled
with something as my special meal. Couldn't get the Chef to talk to me.
I lived for 4 days on Ricecakes and Oranges and green salad leaves
without any dressing.  (Their understanding of Gluten Free).  United
Airlines screwed up both ways.  I live in Seattle. That makes 6 days out
of 9 without decent food. Is that our reality?
Greetings