From:
ETHAN MARGALITH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ETHAN MARGALITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 21:30:52 -0700

Thank you for lot's of responses.

Many of us on the list are as closed-minded as the many doctors who tell us
that it is "all in your head".  There seems to be a somewhat widespread dogmatic
attitude that there's no possible explanation for gluten intolerance but celiac
disease, except perhaps wheat allergy. Many responses I received scolded
me for not staying on my diet or wanting to justify being off of it -- neither is
correct.

Not everyone was like this though, some of us think it's possible but no one
had much to offer on it.

It seems to me that it is a possibility that some of us are gluten sensitive for reasons other
than celiac. We know it can be wheat allergy. We know that some people have written
about discovering that they had lyme disease when they thought they had celiac
-- altho I've never understood why lyme would respond to a gf diet. I've read that
bacteria overgrowth can improve from no yeast which could occur in a gf diet.

Seems to me that open minded exploration of this issue is called for.