From:
Beverley Sokulsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 15:38:35 +1100

Dear Janet,
Hi, to answer your first question I live in New South Wales, Australia. I
have been advised to add a signture& site to my messages in my posts,

snip....snip..
On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, charles b white wrote:

> Beverly,  I was wondering what state you live in.  I live in Maine and I
> have never seen Ultracube.

Ultracube is distirbuted by Amway as well (in Australia)I will get onto
Massell and ask if they have a point in USA or Maine if you like? Perhaps
the name is different.

snip...
> I am a little nervous about recommending rice milk to that lady whose
> Mother has celiac because rice milk has barley malt or rice syrup doesnt
> it? Janet

As with everything we buy, label reading has become force of necessity.
the products I found here called Rice Dream contained GF ingedients. I
had a friend in Vashon Island Washington State recommend almond milk - I
have not located it here in Australia, yet. Looking on labels for malt
extrects MSG and modified starches is second nature & I forgot that not
everyone is aware or able to do this. When in doubt - leave it out is my
motto. In Australia, we now have Food Labeling Laws that prohibit any
manufacturer from touting his product Gluten Free if it contains ANY
DETECTABLE GLUTEN, there is a new catergory LOW GLUTEN which can only
contain less than 0.02g/kg of Gluten. In the UK, there was a successful
civil damages law case against a manufacturer who's product proved to
contain gluten when touted as GF. In Australia we can argue the same case
because of precedent being set in a similiar justice system.

Here I go mouthing off again, apologies to all, I had a year as Secretary
in our local Coeliac Support Group - a hard habit to break!!

see you
Beverley
Australia <[log in to unmask]>