Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 16:02:59 -0700
From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Listmates,

These are the responses I got from my question about a turkey/salad/mashed
potato dinner I had at a Vancouver, BC Denny's and had a gluten reaction:

-turkey can be pre-basted with gluten products, chicken is usually OK, buy
'fresh' turkey to cook at home
-turkeys are injected in some places with broth or flavouring that may
contain gluten (even ones you buy in the supermarket uncooked)
-potato may be instant-mix with food starch
-potato may be done with some dairy and contain lactose or milk protein if
you're sensitive
-food may be contaminated from cutting boards or salad spoons used with
crouton salads
-White Spots have listings of their food ingredients but may not be
comprehensive enough for celiacs in terms of all possible gluten
contamination

Thanks for all the information!
Lissy