From:
"Lani K. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:12:49 -0500

CLAN THOMPSON: The following medications (and about 1800 other items) can be found in the NEW DRUG SMARTLIST which was released on September 16th. We updated info on around 214 items and added around 216 new items to our list. The new drug SmartList contains gluten info on around 1832 items, including over the counter and prescription meds, soaps, arts and crafts items, personal care items and more. To purchase a copy, visit out Products/Catalog page at www.celiacsite.com.

The following over the counter drugs were reported to be gluten free when we contacted their manufactuarer, McNeil Consumer Products Company in September, 2005:

St. Joseph Enteric Coated Tablets
Infants' Tylenol Drops (cherry or grape)
Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu Liquid
Simply Sleep Caplets
Tylenol Cold Day Non Drowsy Caplet
Tylenol Cold Severe Congestion Caplets
Infant's Tylenol Drops Plus Cold
Imodium AD Caplets or Advanced Chewable Tablets
Children's Motrin Cold Suspension ( berry - grape - dye free)
Tylenol Arthritis Pain Relief Caplets
Children's Tylenol Plus Cold Chewable Tablets
Jr. Strength Motrin Caplets

Manufacturers reported the following OTC drugs to be Gluten Free when we contacted them in August and September:

Cepacol Lozenges or Spray (manufactured by Combe Inc.)
Viactiv Soft Calcium Chews (manufactured by Viactiv)
PermaGrip Denture Adhesive (manufactured by Lee Pharmaceuticals)
Sloan's Liniment(manufactured by Lee Pharmaceuticals)

The following Prescription meds were reported to be gluten free when we contacted their manufacturers in September:

Accupril (Manufactured by Pfizer)
Prevacid capsules (Manufactured by TAP Pharmaceuticals)
Isoxsuprine (all strengths)(Manufactured by Sandoz)
Pancrease tablets (Manufactured by Ortho - McNeil Pharmaceutical Corp.)
Ceftin tablets(Manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline)

The following prescription meds, manufactured by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. were reported to be Gluten Free when we called the manufacturer in August and September.)

Diazepam
Lorazepam tablets
Clonidine
Atenolol