Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:12:13 -0500
From:
Margaret <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,
I recently joined this list so I could learn a bit about the celiac diet.
I have been reading a number of web sites and have a few questions that
maybe someone in the group can clear up for me.   Also, the only symptoms
of celiac I have had is I'm severely anemic.   So taking this new lifestyle
change has been difficult.

1: Spices - I was reading the most of the Mc Cormick spices are gluten
free.  So, does this mean I should for the time consider all the spices in
my spice cabinet are made with gluten?  A few of them say "calcium
silicate" added to make free flowing.   Thoughts?

2. http://www.idsl.net/celiac/day2day/day2day.htm -
	   Milk, No-Fat & No-Cholesterol (This new type of milk is the
result of a proprietary, super-skimming process that creates fat-free,
cholesterol-free milk, but it uses a fiber-rich, all-natural fat replacer
made from oats so it contains gluten.)  Could someone clarify this?  Is this
a milk that is only Fat free and also Cholesterol free, or does this also
apply to a fat free milk?

3. Natural Juices (can mean Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein)  - What is
Natural Juices or when should I be concerned about Natural Juices?

My doctor asked me if I wanted to visit the dietitian.  Has anyone met a
dietitian who has experience in diabetes and celiac diets?   Has the trip
to the dietitian been worth your time?

Is there anyone who is on a high protein diet and also has diabetes and
celiac sprue?  Has anyone been able to maintain their weight after being
diagnosed with celiac sprue?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Margaret - going through the cabinet making up a box to take to the food
bank.

M -  mailto:[log in to unmask]