From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 05:00:47 -0400

You wanted a pumpkin recipe--here goes.  I devloped this about 20 years
ago and I make it up every fall.  Because of the honey, it lasts
indefinetaly in the refrig.  Try this as a side dish with poultry, put
it on peanut butter instead of jelly, and use in place of pumpkin in
recipes (just eliminate other spices) You can use this in place of prune
puree in cooking with fewer carbs and higher Vit A.

You need cheese pumpkins (they are flat, pale yellow). Weigh before
cooking.

Cut into chunks, put in large baking pan with about an inch of water and
bake at s350 for about an hr or until soft.  (I do this in batches)
Let ccol, retain water.  Peel and seed pumpkin.  Puree in blender,
adding water as needed.

Pour puree into HEAVY potm  For every 3 lbs of pumpkin, add 1 cup honey,
1tablespoon cinnamon, 2 teas cloves, 1 teas nutmeg, 1 teas allspice, 1
teas ginger, 2 cujps (or more) raisins.

cook over very low heat, stirring constasntly until thick.  Let cool,
Place in plastic containers and store in frig.

(If you cannot find cheese pumpkins, don't use jack-o-lanterns--they are
too watery.  Instead, sub. acron or butternut squash and/or sweet
potaotes.)

Enjoy
Ann