From:
Kay Stence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:13:17 -0500

Hi, List Members!

My 36 yr. old son was just blood tested and scoped for CD and was told
he was negative.  I, his mother, tested positive for Celiac and have had
dramatic changes in my health on the GF diet.  His dad has Crohn's
disease.  My son has had bad allergies, depression, unexplained aches
and pains and chronic constipation since his teen years.  He now is
being treated for acid reflux and asthma, is always tired, and never
feels good.  I just cannot believe he is negative, as he is just exactly
like I was.

The numbers on his blood test are:

Gliaden/Gluten IGG    72
Gliaden/Tluten IGA    14
Tissue Transglutaminase   6

Can someone out there tell me exactly what IGG means?  Have any of you
tested similarly and found you were positive?  He is going to be Dr.
Fine tested in addition, but would like to have your input.

Thanks in advance.

Kay in Austin