From:
Mary and Jack Hamann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:29:01 -0800

I have been away for a few months, part of which, we travelled across
Canada.

I solved my bread problem by packing my bread machine and making bread
along the way.  We have a small 5th wheel but you could do this even if
you were camping and had electricity or were staying in a motel.

I changed a bread recipe that I got off this list and it worked out very
well.

Make a mix of:

1 cup light bean flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
1 and 1/2 tsp. guar gum
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. gelatin
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. egg replacer
2 tbsp. sesame seeds

Combine dry ingredients and put in a plastic bag and store in the fridge
or freezer (or ice chest!)

When ready to use mix together:

3 eggs
1/4 cup melted margarine
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. molasses
1 and 1/2 cup water.

If you have a square pan, put the wet ingredients in first, then place
the dry ingredients on top and add 2 and 1/2 tsp. yeast.

You may need to add a bit more water (a tsp. at a time) and stir when it
first begins to mix to ensure that all the flour is combined well.  My
machine is a 1 and 1/2 lb. West Bend and I use the shortest cycle and
bake it on light.

Even at home I keep some bags with the dry ingredients already combined
so I can make some bread without too much fuss.

Hope this helps others!

Mary