From:
Chris Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:31:55 -0700

With all the postings lately of problems for us if we land in hospital,
and especially so if we are unconscious at the time.  Now if we arrive
in ER with our partners or a family member that knows all the ins and
outs of celiac and realizes we need special medications and drips
without gluten.  But arriving unconscious and with out anyone to hand
out this information, well that could lead to a much longer recovery!!

So the question is:  does anyone on the list wear a medic alert bracelet
covering our problems??
and if so what are the best suggestions for what to put on it??

And do they work?!!

I have already landed in ER unconscious, but very luckily my significant
other was with me and created enough noise that they listened to him,
and so did not make me any sicker than I already was!

I will summarize all the information and repost back to the list, for
anyone else who might be interested.

Chris Hawkins

http://www.seahawkdesign.com/