From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 18:00:16 -0700

Hi again-

One quick question that I didn't want to add to my already long summary
post!

When I was first diagnosed through blood work, I also had some food
allergy testing done. (testing by ELISA) The results fell into 3
categories- high, intermediate and low based on allergic response. I was
so overwhelmed by the sudden removal of gluten from my diet that I
didn't really pay much attention to these results. While I try to avoid
certain things, I am not very diligant (and have a slight reaction from
only two things on the list)

I know that an allergic response is different than the Celiac response,
and in my case I don't notice much of a reaction at all-  but could
these foods be damaging my villi as well? I don't really know how these
allergies manifest themselves.

I apologize if this is a naive question and appreciate all of you and
your thoughts.

Thanks.

Becca