From:
Elaine and Calin Rovinescu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 10:44:13 -0500

        Since posting my summary, I have received two further responses that
I will summarize for the list.

1- A 49 yr old woman who has osteoprosis is both hips is taking Fosamax, has
an estrogen patch and takes a low dosage of medroxyprogesterone. She is also
taking a calcium/magnesium supplement and vit D, along with other vitamins
and enzymes. She is doing weight bearing exercies and is feeling energetic
again.

2- A woman who was anemic for 26 years before her diagnosis a year ago. She
is taking 2 calcium  ( Citracal) tablets,  50,000 units of vit D twice
weekly, and Prempro (HRT therapy),. The dr did not want to prescribe Fosamax
because of side effects. She is also worried about the high dose of vit D,
which from her readings, leads to loss of appetite and weight, nausea,
weakness, excessive urination, calcium deposits under skin, hypertension,
kidney failure and death. What is not discussed is at what levels vit D will
begin to cause these symptoms. She does feel alot better.

Hope this information will be of help to others.

Elaine ( Montreal)