From:
Uri Markus - The Write Connecti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:24:25 +0200

Hello out there.

A friend just brought me a Welbilt ABM 4800 that works on US current
(ie. 110V). That's OK since I have a powerful transfromer. But I just
made my first loaf of bread and not only didn't it rise, but it didn't
bake all the way through. I was careful (very careful) to follow all
the directions, even about temperature of ingredients. It occurred to
me that the problem was the cycles of the motor. THe US works of 60
cycles and Israel/Europe works off 50 cycles. Could that be the reason
for my woes? (that in the kneading cycle, that took 20 minutes, the
speed wasn't high enough (because of the cycles) and not enough air was
incorporated into the batter).

Also, the mixing blade in the bread pan protrudes into the loaf as it's
baking. So every loaf of bread has the imprint of the blade in it. Do
all loaves have to be that way? I was so looking forward to a "normal"
loaf of bread.

Thanks for your ideas.

Sharon Marcus