From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:46:14 -0500

Eating breakfast out can be difficult for someone who needs to avoid gluten
because of the contamination issue with the kitchen grill making both eggs
and pancakes.

Recently Yoder's Restaurant, on Route 23 in New Holland, PA has installed a
grill where you can order items in addition to the breakfast, lunch or
dinner buffet items.

We went there frequently before getting a celiac diagnosis and recently
have gone there a couple of times for breakfast.  They are consistently
making eggs and omlets on one grill, and pancakes and French toast on a 2nd
separate grill.  During the dinnertime they also have grilled items like
salmon fillet and stir frys available.  My husband had eggs over easy, and I
took bacon quiche from the buffet.  One of the food prep people went and
checked for me with the cooks that there is no flour or bread or breadcrumbs
in the quiche.  They use grated potato as the thickener and it makes a
delicious quiche with cheese on top.

We complimented the grill man today and explained to him about the need to
avoid wheat and gluten so he would know people appreciate this, and I plan
to send a letter to the restaurant manager thanking him and telling him I
will recommend their place to other celiacs.  They do a lot of their own
cooking and their staff has been good about answering questions about
ingredients.

We have no financial interest in this restaurant but just appreciate its
good food and good prices near our home.  I hope sharing this will give
other celiacs another choice of places to have breakfast.

Paula in Pa.