Deanna M Polakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 04:27:08 EST

While shopping for groceries last  week-end, I came across Betty
Crocker's Pop-Secret Popcorn Bars.  I read the ingredients very carefully
and could not find any ingredient known to me that would have gluten in
them.  I did buy a box and did not have any reaction (I am CD and DH - so
it would have hit me one way or the other).  I did call the company.  The
lady told me that "Pop-Secret does not make any products that are gluten
free.  Corn is a grain, and there is gluten in the corn."  Has anyone
heard of this before?  From what I have been able to gather, corn is the
only grain that most celiacs can eat.

Any comments?