From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 19:04:04 -0400

I thought I was going to "stump the band"!  But I did get a few
looking for a similar recipe!  The three actual suggestions I received
were:

1) "Try the crumpets in the Beety Hagman cookbook. I've tried dropping
them on a cookie sheet and letting them spread out instead of rising up.
They make a good sandwich."

2) "I make up our Favorite Sandwich Bread mix and scoop small
amounts onto oiled plastic wrap.  Then I set a mini-frank or a chunk of
cheese in the center and cover it with the dough.  Because it is oiled, the
contents slide easily off the plastic sheet and onto a baking sheet.  Then I
let them rise for a few minutes and bake them for 18-20 minutes at 350
degrees or until the dough is brown.  I've also done pocket sandwiches this
way using chunks of ham, salami or turkey and cheese (sometimes even chopped
broccoli)."  -- This suggestion was from Beth Hillson, owner of Gluten
Free Pantry.  She also says any softer yeast dough should work.

3) "I would have thought that maybe a pie crust might work as well."

I also found a recipe on the Internet for regular (not GF) croissants at
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/4412/croissants.html   I
think I'm going to try that out with GF flour--but not for awhile...I'm
about to be gone on vacation!

Thanks for the help (again)!

Tracey Wolfskill
Fort Worth, TX, USA