Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:41:07 EDT

This is a repeat posting with the garbled fractions written out in words. I
use Microsoft Word X for the Mac. If anyone knows how to avoid this problem
please post instructions for Mac and PC users. Also, what is this =20 code?
Thanks. Pat

Subject: Summary 2/eggs, dairy, soy, peanut, almonds, shrimp allergies

Muffin summary    ------- with thanks to Carol
Vitamin E Muffins

1 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoons egg replacer with 1/4cup water
1-1/2 cup cooked pumpkin I (buy it in a can)
1/2   teaspoon crushed cloves
3/4    teaspoon cinnamon
1   cup walnuts
1-1/2 cup raisins
1-1/2      teaspoon baking powder
1    teaspoon baking soda
4     cups GF flour
2       teaspoons xanthan or guar gum

Mix dry ingredients and then add to wet ingredients and bake at 350 for
20 minutes.

------------------------

Jeannies Date Nut Muffins

1 cup pitted dates
1 cup Walnuts
1 tsp. Xanthan gum
1 and one half   tsp. Baking Soda
three quarters cup sugar
1 1/2 cups GF flour
1 Tb egg replacer

3 Tbs. Oil
1 Cup Rice milk or water
Mix dry ingredients.    Lightly mix eggs, then add milk and oil.
Pour into dry ingredients and mix.    Place in muffin pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

I normally put the pitted dates in the blender with the rice milk and
Chop them up finer.    I like to do things quickly.
Be aware that all rice milks are not GF.
I use Lundberg (the best in my opinion) or Westbrae

Apricot or Pineapple Carrot Muffins

2 1/2 cups GF Flour
1 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons orange peel, fresh or dried
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons egg replacer
one quarter   cup water or rice milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1      15 ounce can apricot in juice (or unsweetened pineapple),
puree in blender or food processor
4 large carrots, pureed in blender or food processor
1 cup walnuts, shelled

1.     Blend dry ingredients and nuts.        .
2.     Puree carrots and apricots and juice in blender or food processor
(and fresh orange peel ).
3.     In small bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
4.     Add wet ingredients.
5.     Blend in the dry ingredients BY HAND.    DO NOT OVERBLEND OR MUFFINS
WILL BE TOUGH.
6.     Pour into muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes