From:
"Simons, Liz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:01:52 -0500

Summary on milk & cereal (continued):

. . .neither these GF cereals or dairy are foods that humans evolved to eat.
They are Neolithic foods. Some of us prefer to stick to
Paleolithic foods, which are the ones we evolved to eat over two million
years. More on this can be found at:
  The Paleolithic Diet Page: >   PaleoFood Recipe Collection:
http://www.PaleoFood.com/   <http://www.PaleoFood.com/>

For breakfast I fry onions in olive oil then cook three scrambled eggs in
the pan. I'm down from four. Then I grind up nuts, usually pecans or
walnuts, in my small Krups coffee grinder, and sprinkle that on top. Then
add fruit on top. In the summer I freeze blueberries, raspberries, and
strawberries. I defrost in the microwave. Or I slice bananas or use
unsweetened apple sauce. All-in-all it is fairly quick. . . .

Advance prep: I buy ground beef and brown it in advance. I spoon off the fat
and store it in the refrigerator, or freeze individual portions in sandwich
bags with twist ties. (A portion is 4.5-5 oz before cooking.) Frozen ones
can be defrosted in a Pyrex casserole dish in the microwave, or better put
one in the refrigerator the night before.

But now I don't do what I wrote above. I now take the whole three pound
package and dump it with water in a big pot and boil it. Then I try to
spoon some of the fat off, but can't get all like before, and then store the
whole thing in the refrigerator. Unless you add a lot of water so all
the fat is above the meat, it is hard to effectively get off the fat. When
the water line is above the meat just put in the refrigerator and then the
fat will harden and be easy to remove.

I use a 1 1/2 quart Pyrex dish to microwave it all in. I start by cutting up
a small tomato, or part of a large one (when they're out of season I use
Five Brothers GF spaghetti sauce) and zapping it for a minute or two. I then
add canned beans, my favorite is black beans, but sometimes I
use chick peas, or pink beans, or a mix of the them. Since these are salty I
rinse them in my colander. I buy large cans and just dump what I want into
the colander and put the rest in the refrigerator (using the same lid which
I haven't completely cut off). I add a little olive oil. I add the ground
beef, grind in some pepper, and zap for a few minutes. I then cut up a small
onion and add it after it's heated. I then eat from the Pyrex dish and have
juice or fruit. Very filling.