From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:14:48 -0600

Sorry to hear it's off the list.  Not good enough for us to eat.  The
base is just mayonnaise thinned down with buttermilk, so  if you can
tolerate buttermilk,  put about 3/4 cup of buttermilk into a half empty
jar of mayo, screw the lid back on, and shake till integrated.  Season
sparingly with salt, pepper, parsley, and dried onion.   If you like
garlic, go for it!  It's your universe....

If you make this thick enough,  it functions as a great binder for
chicken nuggets.  Coat your chicken with it, then roll in gf breading
and pan-fry.

Along the lines of sauces, I mix Wishbone Italian dressing into apricot
or grape jam.  It's a sweet/sour/spicy combo that can pleasantly wake up
a boring chicken meal.  Glaze the meat in the last five minutes of
cooking.

Another sauce to try is honey thinned down with gf balsamic vinegar.  In
fact, the restaraunt where I tasted this uses honey, balsamic vinegar &
olive oil as a salad dressing.  I have used the honey/b. vinegar great
over caramelized onions & chicken.

My 12 year old won't eat beef or pork, so we eat a lot of chicken.  Last
night while dining out, I had Chicken Francais.Does anyone have a recipe
for this?  Sounded simple...looked like 1/2 chicken breast pounded
flat...dipped in egg & fried.  The host said that the pan was deglazed
with a mixture of white wine and lemon juice....the sauce was out of
this world!  I only wish there were more of it.  Does anyone have the
recipe?  What kind of a white wine -  semi dry?

Bec

Erie, PA