From:
Reesa Zuber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:41:44 -0700

As is stated on messages from the listserv, wheat free is not
gluten free.  I got sucked into a trap hoping to find a soy sauce
that was gluten free.  Westbrae Natural Tamari Soy Sauce, in bold
letters on the lable says "wheat free".  After I had purchased
and used 2/3 of a bottle over the last 18 months, I read the
ingredients.  They are as follows:  whole soybeans 57%, water
28%, sea salt 12%, marin (cultured rice) 2%, koji (cultured
barley) 1%.  Since I do not have typical symptoms I did not have
a physical reation.  I am a lable reader but this one caught me.
Please be careful.  If anyone has information regarding this
product that would indicate it is gluten free I'd be happy to
know.  If it says barley, I am going to stay away.

A healthy, gluten free new year to you all.
--
Reesa Zuber
mailto:[log in to unmask]