Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:24:07 -0700

Has there been any discussion regarding stress and its effect on Celiac
Sprue AFTER the diagnosis as to whether stress INCREASES the
sensitivity to gluten?  I was diagnosed in 1995 and have done fairly well
with the diet.  My mother recently passed away after living with me most
of the past year battling cancer.  During the last week of her
life--which was a tough week, I started having gluten symptoms.  I have
never been as sensitive as many of you.  I assumed I got gluten or was
just stressed.  I have continued having more than usual difficulty since
that time (past 4 weeks) and couldn't help but wonder if stress could
change how sensitive I might react to gluten.  Perhaps it is all stress
and is acting that way, but couldn't help but wonder if a change has
taken place.

Sharon in Kansas
(Your recovery from a disappointment is whether you "give up" or "get
up."