Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 20:18:45 -0400

A friend of mine is seeing an environmental allergist who has helped her
greatly.  Although she has food intolerances, glutin is not one of them in
her particular case.  Nonetheless, she believes EPD would be useful for me.

>From a pamphlet provided to my friend by her physician I learn that EPD "is a
technique of immunotherapy using extremely small doses of allergens to
desensitize patients to their allergies.  The doses used are the same or
smaller than those employed in diagnostic skin prick testing.  The enzyme,
beta glucuronidase, is used to increase and alter the effect of the antigen
extracts."

Are any of you familiar with EPD?  Is it a useful approach for the cd
individual?

For those of you who do visit an environmental allergist, what advice would
you give me regarding what I might expect by way of diagnostic procedures,
outcomes and costs?

Thank you, Angelo Giannitelli, Indiana