From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:59:28 -0500

I had called about Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing yesterday and was told
it is still considered to contain gluten. They also told me KC
Masterpiece still contains gluten.

I did ask which ingredient it was that contained gluten and the person
in customer service indicated it was something that helped it stick. I
asked her about the fact that if it was wheat based (I think during my
trying to determine what makes the product contain gluten she indicated
that the ingredient was wheat based) then why wasn't it listed on the
label since FDA does require an ingredient to be on the label when any
of the 8 top allergens are present no matter what percentage. The bottom
line is that my inquiry has been refered to marketing and hopefully I
will hear from them (I'm not holding my breath).

If I hear from them about what ingredient contains gluten then I will
inform this list.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD USA