Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:43:06 -0800
7bit
From:
Chris Gralapp <[log in to unmask]>

Here's what I said to Lynne Truss via her agent:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Ms. Rose,

Please inform Ms. Truss that gluten intolerance is real medical condition,
and a potentially very serious one--not a lifestyle choice.  She may have to
put up with that gluten crap for a little longer, just like the estimated
three million of us who will put up with it every day of the rest of our
lives.  How very insensitive and crass!

No one likes to listen ad nauseum to others' medical complaints--but Celiac
Disease has been overlooked in the U.S., and now that it is better
understood, it is being talked about, and high time, too!  It is not a
trendy new diet, it is a medically necessary regimen.  Happily, we can cure
our symptoms and become healthy simply by making dietary choices, and not
resort to drugs.

That said, I am also a believer in freedom of speech, and usually leery of
political correctness--but her comments seemed so extraordinarily callous,
that I had to pipe up.

Chris Gralapp, MA, CMI
Medical and Scientific Illustration
415.454.6567