From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:34:04 -0400

Listmates,

I agree with several other listmates that we need to focus our energy on
changing FDA policy on food/product labeling. We need to unite with other
orgs. representing individuals with other special dietary needs. There is
strength in numbers and if we can present a united front, I believe we
would have a better shot at achieving our goal. Perhaps we can get some
feedback from the experts who monitor this list and/or from the reps. from
the various celiac orgs. re: what's been done in the past and potential
strategies to pursue in the future. I think we would need one of the Cel.
orgs to take the lead on this to present a united front. They could be
responsible for coordinating the campaign, including enlisting the support
of other orgs., educating local chapters and the general public about the
campaign, and facilitating discussions with legislators sympathetic to our
cause. Any suggestions??
joan
Ardmore, PA