From:
BMSteele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:15:58 EST

 I was diagnosed as having Celiac 6 months ago and have been on the GF diet
since. My father his brother were Celiacs as is my brother and who knows who
else in the family!.

I am GF and a member of the Ceoliac  Society for the UK.  Can anyone provide
an explanation as to why over here vinegars and spirits are considered to be
safe yet going by the comments I have read they are advised against in the
USA.  My Dad drank malt whisky for years and it did not affect him.

Also there is mention of casein and hydrolised vegetable protein being
unacceptable, why?

I have come across a few research papers on the web discussing the
possibility of  some forms of Epilepsy being caused by calcifications on the
brain linked to Celiac, which appear to improve with the GF diet.  I have a
nephew with epilepsy and wondered if anyone has any experience of epilepsy
with the Celiac condition.

I would be interested to hear any explanations/comments.

Marie S