From:
Hal De Bruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hal De Bruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:41:06 -0400

There were 13 responses in all to my report on the significance of the NIH conference, to myself, to the progress of awareness, and to all celiacs.  7 responses were from those diagnosed less than 5 years thanking me for putting it into context of history and expressing enthusiasm for one federation.  4 were from those acquaintenances who have also contributed to the progress of awareness in one way or another, 3 from 1995 and one from before. 1 was from a new acquaintenance, from among many made at the conference.  She had many questions.  1 was from a couple with a son diagnosed 10 years ago, who did not want the pace of research and education to slow.

Along that line, I would point out that celiacs in the US have a stake in what happens in Bonn, Germany soon.  We will be posting some info and trying to explain the ins and outs of "Codex Alimentarius"  in a while.
Hal & Irma De Bruyn in Boston