Roni Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:40:07 -0400

I was intrigued by Rebecca Richardson's post regarding Miss Meringue Cookies
(always in search of a good product that can be purchased in "regular"
stores).  I emailed the company and got the following response:

Dear Roni,

Thank you for your interest in Miss Meringue cookies.  To answer your
questions, all of Miss Meringue cookies are gluten free.

As for the locations in New Jersey.  Unfortunately, I am not very versed in
New Jersey geography.  We do have quite a few stores in New Jersey that sell
the cookies, but I know that they all cannot be close.  If you would be so
kind, please write or call (800) 561-6516 with the closest large town to
you.  That way I can try my hardest to find a store or two for you.  I
apologize for this inconvenience to you.

Thank you again!

Gretchen Einsidler
Sales Coordinator

When I called, we were able to determine that a local chain carries the
cookies (ShopRite for all you Northeasterners).  She added that they are
usually carried by specialty stores and that if I had trouble finding them I
could call back and she could give me direction on how to order directly
from the bakery.

Hope this is helpful to others.

Roni Lamb in NJ/USA