Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:22:42 -0700

I recieved a list of GF products from Arrowhead MIlls which i will copy
below.  I asked what their manufacturing policies were regarding GF and
non GF foods.  They run on the same mills, but wash and sanitize between
runs.  Then the first 20-30 batches of the GF product are donated to
charitable food banks, to ensure that all GF products sold to the public
are pure.  Then they take a sample from each run of the product and send
it to an independant lab for testing to see if gluten is cross
contaminated.  They do not distribute the products until the test came
back clear.

Now, I don't use any products made in a non-gf facility BUT I will use
these because they take extra care to insure our safety and health!
Below please find the Arrowhead MIlls GF list.  Please note, when it
comes to eating the controversial grains such as buckwheat and amaranth
- that is a personal decision you and your doctor must make.  Please do
not write me on this issue.  Thanks!

GRAINS
Brown Rice - long
brown rice -long grain basmati
brown rice - short
buckwheat groats - brown (they note that there is controvery about =
buckwheat, quinoa,  amaranth and millet)
popcorn - yellow
QBR - original
white rice - domestic basmati

BEANS
adzuki beans
anasazi beans
black turtle beans
garbanzo beans
lentils - green
lentils - red
pinto beans
soybeans
split peas - green

SEEDS
amaranth
flax
quinoa
sesame seeds - mech hulled
sesame seeds - whole
sunflower seeds - hulled

NUTS/ NUT BUTTERS
almond butter - creamy and crunchy
cashew butter - creamy and cruncy
peanut butter - creamy and crunchy
organic peanut butter - creamy and crunchy
natural peanut butter - crmy and crchy
sesame tahini

COLD CERALS
corn flakes