From:
Carl Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:02:57 -0400

I've gotten several comments regarding this post. One person questioned
my reference to changes in celiac research over the past 15 years. (I
was thinking of improved testing procedures and the on-going genetic
research.)

The rest were in agreement with the post. Here are some selections:

>>Thanks for posting my exact sentiments to the list.  "When in doubt, Do
without!"

>>gluten free means no GLUTEN EVER, My cousin was told  a low gluten diet is
all he needed and he got lymphoma and died so how many grams of gluten was
that?

>>I sent a e-mail to David after his 1st post. I refered him to the netlist
archives, with a reference that 10 micrograms of gluten intake will start the
villa/ microvilla damage sequence. David's reply was he didn't have that
information. He seems to be taking some self justification path for small
slips from the gf diet. Thank you for your post

>>I totally agree.

Carl in Boise, Idaho (USA)