From:
Carl Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:23:45 -0400

I posted asking about Alberson's brand Natural Turkey (Alberston's
supermarkets). I received several responses, and no one had any negative
comments about this product. THANK YOU for everyone who responded.

Here are some exerpts from some of the comments.

>>Yup, that's the way my wife picks em, and I have no problems with them.

***

>>I would eat one if it has no additives.

***

>>>I have used these turkeys with no problems.

***

>>>Three years ago when I started this dietary adventure, it was not easy at
all to find a labeled g-f turkey.  I am very pleased at the progress.

***

>>>In addition, I called Butterball, and they said their self-basted
>>>turkeys are GF, just throw away the gravy packet.

***

>>>Yes it is that easy.  I have found that the more expensive brands of turkey
are often the ones to avoid.  The cheaper the turkey the less it is
"improved." with gluten.

***

>>>yes - it has no "natural flavors" added.  I used one of their turkeys
>>>last year and had no problems

***

>>>I have found that most FRESH turkeys do not have additives.  So, enjoy!

***

>>>There are many brands of turkey that contain no additives.  They all
them "natural turkeys"!

***

>>>I have had good luck buying natural turkeys.  I get them at Thriftway and
Albertson's.  Maybe we are just lucky out here in the west, but I am able to
find many products that are gf in our local stores.  Albertson's has a web site
that lists their gf products.  I applaud them.

Carl in Boise, ID, USA