From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:39:58 EST

For those of you who requested it, here is my grandmother's recipe:

German Oven Pancakes

2 eggs
3/4 cup gf flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 425.  Beat eggs until foamy; add rest of  ingredients and
beat until well combined.  Pour in heavy preheated buttered pan and bake for
15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 325 (don't open oven) and bake until puffed and
brown (about 8 - 10 minutes more).

Serve with melted butter, fresh lemon juice, and powdered sugar.

This will serve 2 people.

I often make one-half of the recipe (6 Tbsp flour) and use a smaller iron fry
pan.   For the whole recipe I use a 10" iron frying pan but you can use
corning ware or an ovenproof glass container.