From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 08:49:35 EST

Gfgal's question prompts one of my own:  what, if any,are the
risks of staying on the gluten free diet if you are not (biopsy)
diagnosed with celiac disease?  If your health, energy level, etc. are
all improved on the diet, is there any medical reason to put yourself
through a gluten challenge?  Is there any disease that could/should be
treated that mimics CD to the point of symptoms disappearing when
adhering to the diet?  I, too, am not asking for medical advice just
information on which to base a decision.  Thanks.

Jane