From:
Amy Eliezer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 15:17:37 -0500

Recently there was a posting about a J. Internal Medicine (medical journal)
article abstract on osteoporosis.This article stated that 12% of the
osteoporotics in the study were found to be celiacs . (very high %) I thought
it  was compelling, so I printed and sent it to an acquaintance who is a
local orthopedic physician.  This doctor does bone density studies to screen
for osteoporosis.  He just now phoned me and said the posting was
interesting, but he did not know what could be done if the suggested IgA
antibodies blood test did come back positive.  We then  had a nice
conversation about the gluten free diet and then he said "I will bring this
up at our next meeting of bone doctors".  I felt this was great  professional
education and  suggest others might mail to their local orthopedic
physicians. The problem is I no longer have a copy of who posted it
originally.  Could the poster re-post the article so others might do some
professional education?  Thanks!!Amy Eliezer [log in to unmask]  Syracuse NY.